Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Oy.... I had therapy today and learned I am not crazy and yes.... my issues are big ones!

Today is Sept 8 and this is my first blog entry....

As you can tell from the name of my blog, my daughter is now my son(FTM).

This is my story.....The adventure of a Jewish Mother (Me) navigating the wonderful world of Trans-gender.
I have started this blog as a way to reach out to other mothers like me who have felt all alone and unable to cope with the emotions that come with your child taking this journey.

The hardest part of my journey has been walking the trail alone with no other mommies to share the experience with. I have longed for group therapy sessions where we all can share stories as our children transition. The Twilight Zone moments when you are doing the Happy Dance because the Court Order was approved! And everyone else in the room is thinking you are crazy and only the therapist thinks your not!

I will be sharing my journey that began in Feb 2007 in a secluded mountain cabin where we were snowed in. That was the moment Tori decided to tell us he had already started taking hormones.... Well sometimes God works miracles because if we were not trapped at that moment we may never have calmed down and begun the journey together....My story will continue tomorrow... Just like a soap opera

I would enjoy feedback and comments from any parent or supporter of the Transgender community. I believe if you don't have something nice to say... then don't say anything at all!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for starting this blog. As a dyke genderqueer transgirl who hasn't written that difficult letter to her parents, yet, I will definitely be including a link to your blog to my mother.

    Hormones have been a godsend. My sister and I are both transgendered (though she isn't out to her friends, only me). While I know I need to write it, I worry about my mother. We're not close but I don't want to send her over the edge. For so many years, she has thought that she gave birth to a boy and then to a girl. When, in fact, it was the other way around.

    The next time you offer up a word to God, please remember me, my sister and my family.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Transversegirl, you have touched my heart! How brave you and your sister are! I am so sorry you and your mom are not close,that alone is so hurtful. You know what a wonderful person you are and your mom does too.... She may not see this coming (I really never had a clue, but everyone else seemed not so surprised) The first words from her may not be so kind, but hopefully in time she will warm up to the idea. I wish only peace for you and your family. Please send her the blog site and write me again! I think YOU will feel better having revealed your truth! And sometimes it is ok for it to be all about YOU!!! Warmest Hugs and Kisses from your Jewish Mother!!

    ReplyDelete